Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Avant-garde/Experimental Guitarist(s)
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 08:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Pat View Post
Well, you could say that, but we're not really setting up a best guitarist discussion. We're just talking about what our favorite avant-garde/experimental ones are. Buckethead's good though. I know many people who knock him almost immediately when they see how he dresses which is just asinine.
I know.

I understand you.

I wasn't setting up a best guitarist ever discussion in your thread, I was entering my opinion that Buckethead is very avant-garde/experimental and I hold him as best of the type.

What I was noting was that he doesn't fare as well in general best guitarist ever discussions against more conventional players, for he is too complex and ... avant-garde. So this is his bread and butter right here...

And if you would like, I could post some examples of how he is the best, in the avant-garde/experimental context at least... I just didn't want to spam a bunch of Buck videos right off the bat...

I'll get some up in a bit, then.

But off the top of my head (top of my bookmarks), here's an example (NSFW):

Yes, I find that very soothing. Not the graphic torture imagery, but the music, mind you. The graphic torture imagery is just kind of but nothing we desensitized humans can't handle, eh?

Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote