Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #9288 (permalink)
DoctorSoft
Rocket Appliances

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Did you manage to follow the plot? Not saying you have a trouble with your attention span, but it's a long movie with some intricacies (just what is Akira?) and I suspect it won't seem like a masterpiece if the story throws you off.
Spoiler for spoilers for Akira:
I definately didn't fully understand it, so I'm probably gonna rewatch it tonight. I understood up until like the first hour or so, but then I got bored/tired so I kind of stopped paying attention haha. What I understood was that Tetsuo(probably spelled wrong) and Kaneda(same) are in a motor cycle gang, in Neo Tokyo. The city is going through anti-government/religious(?) riots. After the bike chase, when they are on the highway bridge, the government takes the gang and Tetsuo back to their facility for questioning. They either do this because Tetsuo saw the escaped little boy(can't remember his name) or because they believe they are rioters/they know they are in a gang.

I think Tetsuo got his powers when he smashed into the little boy on his bike. I thought(probaly wrong, but whatever) that the creepy little kids were people like Tetsuo who were tested on by the government. The whole thing at the stadium where he ecomes a big blob I did not get at all. I think the girl who Kaneda likes said Akira was a living force that was in us that helps us build and create(?). Maybe that's what gave Tetsuo and the creepy kids their powers, not too sure.

So yeah, I didn't really get it haha, I'll rewatch it tonight.
DoctorSoft is offline   Reply With Quote