Music Banter - View Single Post - This I Believe There is / is not a God
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 11:29 AM   #734 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
But understanding cosmology, Earth history, Human History can only answers how we got here, not why are we here. If one looked at the whole history of the universe and understand what took place before man appear on Earth one could appreciate the near infinite variables that it took to have the Earth the way it is for it to be inhabitable. I don't think that you could only use science to fully understand the meaning of life, certain science only have a strict system they study, and nothing outside of it pertains to what is being studied. So you need something more then Astrophysics, that encompasses more then one specific system, like the universe. Science is only good for answering how things work in the universe, not why things are....If one believes in God, then one can understand what done for us to be alive.
Why must there be a why? Why must life have a meaning? Wouldn't any reason or meaning that god gave to life or the universe be just as arbitrary as any reason I or Paris Hilton or Mao Zedung gave?
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote