Music Banter - View Single Post - This I Believe There is / is not a God
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 10:26 PM   #738 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
The quote you're having trouble grasphing was based on a quote from a book where a character has a dialogue with Death. Let me fetch it for you :
It's not the trouble of grasping of what is said, I just don't know what the quote means to you. To me it sounds like you want to disprove love by saying it is not a tangible object, that it can not be found in the physical universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
This is light fantasy fiction, not a philosophical book, but Death points out that without people or other intelligent things (it's fantasy after all) to dream it up, justice and mercy do not exist. You could say the same for love. That's the point really, not to say something which you're supposed to interpret literally about sieves and mortars.
Well even though it is not a philosophical book it does expound some of the writer's philosophy.

Strange to me you would say love, justice and mercy do not exist, because they are things that are attributed to God, God is Just and Merciful, and God is Love. But then you do not believe in God so to you all four are dreamt up God, Love, Mercy and Justice?
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote