Music Banter - View Single Post - The Send Someone Something They Dont Listen To but May Like Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #451 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Man I can't believe how fast this thread moves...it makes my head spin. That's pretty awesome, it's a great thread.

I would participate because it's pretty awesome but my life isn't like it was - things are different lately. I haven't downloaded as much, I've been focusing on certain styles & artists, and I'm content with that. Very content, in fact. I feel like right now in my life I can't have any negativity. Not because I'm sad, quite the opposite. I've been in some of my greatest moods ever and that is why I've been listening to mostly 60s psych pop, soul, funk, etc. and it's just awesome. I'm amassed quite a bit of this stuff in the past few years, and while I am still digging deeper/further, I'm content revisiting all the stuff I have and playing it over and over, letting it sink deeper into my soul.

I don't know why I felt this was the right place to say this. Maybe because I love the idea of this thread so much I just wanted to say that, but explain why it doesn't feel right for me to participate right now. I'm also spending less time here and trying to spend less online in general, so even giving stuff to others is just too time-consuming right now. Yet at the same time, I'm so in love with just about everything I'm playing lately that maybe I should spread it.