Music Banter - View Single Post - Soundtrack of your life
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 12:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
Zaqarbal
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsd View Post
Eh, this would pretty much sum up my life:

Not really.

But I have to check out some of those Spanish-language bands. I'm always trying to discover new Spanish music but it's pretty hard for me considering I live in the U.S, maybe I should just get an account with a Spanish-language music forum.

The only Argentine bands, actually band, I know is Babasonicos, although it's really hard finding their stuff online to download.
Well, here at Music Banter we are doing an introduction, trying to show the most important figures:

http://www.musicbanter.com/country-f...ic-anyone.html

Especially those from the golden age of Spanish-language rock and pop (80's and early 90's), which is splendid in quantity and quality. And as I said there, for the moment we have only explored the "tip of the iceberg". OK, I know we should have posted more frequently. Sorry. Personally, I haven't had enough time lately, but now I'll try to attend to the thread. And Clementine has promised to help me with the magnificent Argentines from the 70's. That is, the precursors of the Spanish-language rock. Stay tuned. Regarding Babasónicos and other stuff, check your PM.

Anyway, we already have mentioned several Argies in that thread. For instance, now we're talking about the soundtrack of our lives, if I think of... let's say.... school, a rock-&-roll comes to mind. I guess we all remember our school days. And I bet many of us would describe them as Tequila (a famous Argentine-Spanish band from the early 80's) did (here you are a translation). Well, that's my personal example because I attended elementary school in that decade.