Music Banter - View Single Post - Physical discipline against children .. okay or not?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 11:56 AM   #475 (permalink)
RandyMarsh
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
No parent likes to hear that what they did or are doing to their kids may cause long term damage, s
I would bet my life that a light spanking ONCE would not cause ANY child long term damage.

Have you ever been spanked/smacked? I think you're imagining it to be a lot more painful and distressing than it actually is. I was never spanked as a child but my relatives and friends were, and after getting smacked once, they NEVER did anything like that again. It works, and as far as I know none of them have had any long term negative effects (and I'd say 9/10 people I know now were spanked as kids).

I think the ones with the long term negative effects had more issues, they were probably abused physically or psychologically. Whatever the case, I think there were more underlying issues than what these studies let on. You don't get spanked once or twice in your life (spanked not struck, slapped, punched or kicked) and end up being so distressed with it you have long term negative effects. If you hit them full force maybe, but that's just abuse.
RandyMarsh is offline   Reply With Quote