Music Banter - View Single Post - T. Rex -"Electric Warrior"
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Thumbs up 20th Century Boy (Song and Video)

T. Rex (Marc Bolan)'s single, 20th Century Boy, in my opinion is very underrated as being one of most influential video/song from the 70s era. Bang a Gong did well here in the states, although I preferred Powerstations version of Bang A gong (more so) than Bolans original, and all the other versions by other bands.
When I watch the video and song of T. Rex's 20th Century Boy, I can see the obvious Glam Rock influence, but I also see how Marc Bolan also influenced so many other bands in the decades to come after and other genres of music with this one single 20th Century Boy.
There is no way I would compare Bolan to David Bowie, for Bowie's record speaks for itself, But I see Marc Bolan's 20th Century Boy as innovative, and ahead of its time, (Or in my world anyway). But I am talking about one song by T. Rex, where Bowie has thousands, as to say. In no way am I comparing Bolan to Bowie.
I guess in my conclusion, 20th Century Boy an Video, are one of the great rock songs that has influenced artist through the years & decades, and I believe 20th Century Boy deserves more/better recognition, as for what an important and influential song it is, Thank You.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote