Music Banter - View Single Post - The Send Someone Something They Dont Listen To but May Like Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #457 (permalink)
James
Account Disabled

Dystopia-The Aftermath

Bob described this as nihilistic punk. My wealth of knowledge on nihilism reaches as far as The Big Lebowski so I knew it was basically the belief in nothing. As for the reasoning and belief of the culture I am clueless. So I have done a little research. Off to wikipedia I go, wondering what wonders will befall me while this album is puking up some of the ugliest crust I have heard right into my earholes.(ew, in a good way)

So after some research and lots of big scary foreign words i can't pronounce, I see that nihilists believe that there is no meaning or purpose in life and it's very complicated stuff. It's interesting because it's one viewpoint I have never heard a musical artist supporting. Normally artists love to share these sorts of things with you and if I do know any nihilistic artists they definetly don't throw it around. Back to the music, it just gets better and better, really heavy and DIY Crust, sounds genuinly angry and not manafactured angry like many other Punk related bands of this sort. Favourite track was Population Birth Control. Amazing song, cool lyrics and as horrible as you want Crust/Sludge stuff to be!

CanWll Corfe and Pedestrian your reviews are coming.
James is offline   Reply With Quote