Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Memorable Moments in Sports
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozinbloozin View Post
The king of media drama himself making one of the defining clutch catches of his career. The 1998 NFC playoffs against the Packers. With less than two minutes left to go and the 49'ers down by 4. On a 3rd and a 3 yards to go Young throws a strike to the future hall of famer. You can skip to around 7:50 but to get the actual feel you should watch the begining of the drive. Owens has since went on (despite always getting critisized by the media for his controversial behavior) to land hiself 1rst or 2nd to only the great Jerry Rice. In every receiving record imaginable. With Randy Moss being tied with him in a couple categorys. At any rate ive always been a fan of his and this is one of the plays that definatley go's down in the books as miraculous. Its often refferred to as The Catch 2. If your familiar with football the first catch was the Dwight Clark catch in the end zone that defeated my Dallas Cowboys. Anyway hope you enjoy the footage.

T.O. has always caught so much shit, some of it brought on by himself, some of it undeserved. I've always been an Owens fan and he is definitely better than Moss in my opinion. Randy was an absolute freak but all he did was run deep. He made amazing catches but Owens does so much more. He's one of the toughest WRs to ever play the game. I don't even care he has dropped a lot of balls cause most receivers don't have the nuts to go over the middle for 15 years like he has. T.O. is awesome and that catch ruled. He knew he was going to take a huge hit but put his body on the line for his team. I don't know if anyone realizes, but he was having a horrible game before that catch with a lot of drops. But if you are running a post route with safeties lurking over the top, you are fearless.

Who hasn't seen this 100 times? FLUTIE! Flutie was great, how can you hate the guy. He is the classic underdog story.

I feel for those Bills teams. 4 straight superbowl appearances, 4 straight losses.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote