Music Banter - View Single Post - Selling Music Gear
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 10:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
another site i like on the same lines as CL is kijiji.com. guess it really depends on your area though. out hear on the atlantic coast it's the place to find used goods.

as for trying to determine the value of your gear i looked at some user review sites like harmony central. not many reviews unfortunately but most user reviews include what price they paid and whether or not it was new or used. enough to get a ballpark figure of the value. from what i saw if you're in a rush to sell i'd list it at $400 or best offer. if you're not in a rush list it at $500 firm.

like RezZ mention's checking with your local music store might turn up some good information too. especially if you have a good rapport with someone on staff and it's the kind of place that will buy and sell gear from its customers.

also plan on having people trying to lowball the hell out of you.

another option a lot of people don't consider with sites like CL is listing under multiple areas. be clear in your description that it's in a neighboring city even if it might get flagged as spam and removed. it might be exactly what someone who will just happen to be passing through your town next week has been desperately trying to find for years.

good luck on the sale.
Thanks man! I really appreciate your feedback.

That's $400/$500 US, right? I'm pretty stoked if that's really what I can get for it.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote