Music Banter - View Single Post - Changes In The NFL
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 11:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Bloozcrooz
Justifiable Idiocracy

Ok im gonna try an kick off this topic, and if its to no avail then whatever. The thread can fade, and be left for whatever the mods choose to do with it. However the subject I want to discuss, and has been briefly touched on in another thread is this. The whats considered a legal hit and whats not. At what point did we start allowing the sport to take on this safety first attitude. Nobody wants to see a guy get a career or season ending injury. But where is the line drawn at? Other than a Q.B. nobody is deserving of any special treatment. Half the fines handed out were undeserving if you ask me, and are only contributing to the detriment of the game. You leave this rule in effect and it starts waying on a players mind, and changing the speed of the game. Thus slowing it down to a tempo thats far less appealing, and exciting to watch. Football is a violent sport, and the players agree. Stop over dictating what you consider is best, and let it be a unanimous vote. These guys know the chances when they suit up for each game. The majority disagree with the rule so shouldnt that count for something? Im all for the technology of developing safer equipment, and things of that nature. But when you start effecting the mental aspect so much as to players are second guessing themselves. Its simply getting out of hand. If its that big of deal lets let the palm palm girls play and just have a lingerie bowl. C'mon man give me a break!! Here is an example of how the game was meant to be played.
Bloozcrooz is offline   Reply With Quote