Music Banter - View Single Post - The Late Night Rambling Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 04:25 AM   #19 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
One of the tricks to tolerating Bourne movies is having grown up as a boy playing in the yard and pretending you were 007. Even only for the fact that you are relieved that Matt Damon is not 007 (and hopefully never will be) and get satisfaction from slowly shaking your head throughout the movie and thinking "Roger Moore makes a cooler spy than you'll ever be".
Different movies with different motives, yes, and that's when Bourne movies become likable enough even to simply entertain wandering postulations about whether it's the only movies he's been in besides that remake of The Talented Mr. Ripley, without his drab buddy whats-his-name... who's apparently so uninteresting all I can think about is when he got with J-Lo, who's another topic altogether, but equally uninteresting. (But I always wondered... did she actually get an ass reduction? I never cared enough to check for myself. But if so, that's pretty fucking hilarious.)

But yea, apart from the cliches and actors and all, I'd think the Bourne movies at least appeal to the guy part of most guys. The same part of guys that think of Days Of Thunder when they zoom past ordinary citizens on the road to work. Or the same part of guys that sometimes yells that something is Sparta. We don't really care who plays in it, as long as there are gadgets, fights and a near limitless measure of human ability in context with the reality we actually believe in when we're not drunk, we're good.
We don't need it to be a masterpiece. We just need it to make us want to break things with style.
You know what though, Bourne is pretty top notch when it comes to breaking things with style so I would class it as a masterpiece or pretty close to it as far as Action Movies go. Unless you want to call them Spy Thrillers but that's just semantics.

i love the Bourne movies for the fact that it is partly a mystery as well. We are trying to find out WITH Bourne what the hell is happening while he is wrecking stuff in the process. I also have to give the Bourne movies a big heads up for their car chase scenes that remind me of The French Connection.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote