Music Banter - View Single Post - Facebook - good or bad?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I can't stand people that try to make some kind of "statement" by not using it. Don't use it if you don't want to, otherwise it makes a lot of things very convenient. You don't have to declare to the world that you are so badass and free-thinking that you are above an internet site while everyone else are a bunch of sheep. It's dumb. It was only a matter of time before a social networking site grabbed hold like this...the basic essence of the internet is connection and sharing. I'm surprised it took so long, honestly. Myspace was a joke.
I wouldn't call it a making statement.
I see it more as being made to feel as an outcast because I don't want one.

I'm always having people haranguing me to get one from friends, relatives, co-workers. Even my boss. As if a phone, email & IM wasn't enough ways to contact me already.

Honest truth is I don't like social networking sites, I think they're more trouble than they are worth. People can go on about 'oh you can set privacy settings' but it's easy to circumnavigate them either deliberately or by accident and I don't really want any of my personal life that easily accessible online.

I'm not making a statement, I'm just not interested in it.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote