Music Banter - View Single Post - Emo "In Thing To Do"
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2004, 08:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Eltiraaz
Music Addict

Naw, with clothing style, and more superficial things its good to do things that kinda set you apart, AS LONG AS YOUR INTO IT, for real. If your doing it just for the sake of standing out then your missing the purpose of the lesson. Being PUNK or whatnot, itsnt about being different as much as its about being true to yourself, and not caing what anyone else thinks. With something like music, dont choose not to like a song just because its outside of your normal listening range,(hXc punk, metal whatever) you should judge it for yourself and see if you yourself can get into the music. Thats why i listen to such a wide variety of music. Im most farmiliar with punk and electronic, but i also really dont mind listening to something like spanish guitar, or latin music, and even some classical just because it hooks me in and i like it.

And yes emo is becomeing a fad, but thats no reason to retreat into further musical obscurity. Just like it for what it is, dont mind others. If your true to yourself, I find theres no way you CANT be happy.