Music Banter - View Single Post - Boyfriend and I broke up. Got some time to fill...
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 09:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
sillysillymary
Groupie

yes... should be doing hw now. I can't possible reply to all of your clever comments... going from memory...

Cohen was definitely in there *sigh*

Waits, Cohen, and Young... love love love and I listen often... but I usually just listen, don't really pay attention to names of songs, or albums and such... so I'm a fan... but I couldn't really talk about them, much.

I sometimes get hooked on certaion songs... "I remember you well, in the Chelsea hotel..." "Don't let it bring you down... its only castles burning... " and with Waits its just the voice. I even watched Jarmusch's (I had to look that up on google to double check) "Down by Law" because he was in it... it was fun and artsy. I watched that with the ex. F that.

Yes- newly single... but likely to stay that way. Mainly because I am bitter and pretty positive at this point that having a relationship with me is sort of like dancing a tango on an airmattress on a bed of nails on a desert island in a snow globe filled with glitter and gumdrops. My favorite game is "Put him to a test that has no solution and don't tell him that he's taking it. Then, berate him for failing." It also helps if he has a psychotic heroin addict ex-fiance who he lies to you about, then you find out half his furniture is HER furniture and she's pissed because she wants her bookcases, then you see that she still has their "couple" photo for her FB profile, then she calls in the middle of the night... all the while he claims that he's over her but his face turns all angry and he can't barely say her name without clenching his teeth, and he refuses to let her know he's in love with someone else. So.... maybe single is a good thing for a while. Also, they both LOVED Velvet Underground (as do millions of others), but I'll be avoiding any conversation surrounding VU. F- VU.

God, it felt good to vent that to strangers over the internet. Anyone recommend some super depressing breakup music? Please, take me just to the verge of suicide, but not quite.

And I'm over casual sex. Who needs that when I have discoverd blogs on the internet. Oh, yeah, MB, you are just the beginning. I shall be ruthless, thorough, and dominating. Watch out. Just kidding... I don't really have time for that.

This is not a rebound (I think that was my favorite response)... but I think its more like a hobby or interest that I should have had all along.

Back to music.... "The Pains of Being Pure at Heart" is my favorite Choachella discovery today. I haven't heard of alot of the bands on the lineup... so its a fun way to discover. But, its tough because I like one song, then listen to another and not so much... its hard to make these decisions so snappily.