Music Banter - View Single Post - Who is the Greatest of the Big Four of Thrash Metal?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 06:30 PM   #163 (permalink)
Buzzov*en
Anxiety Hangover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaligojurah View Post
Metallica were just as cheesy but tended to know hot to distribute their musicianship over more songs than Megadeth. With the exception of Peace Sells, and Rust in Peace, almost every Megadeth album forces you to sort through 50%+ crap to get to the best songs. Sure their best songs were better than Metallica's best songs, but you couldn't trust Mustaine for solid albums in comparison.

Slayer, on the other hand, knew how to be cheesy in the right way. They knew that they were marketing to thrash metal audience, and wrote songs about sheer horrifying violence. They knew their audience was pissed off teenagers, and early twenty-something males who were pissed off, and wanted angry music. They didn't pussyfoot with themes that are Sammy Hagarish(yeah, like 502 doesn't feel like a tacky "I can't drive 55" knockoff). With Slayer you expected blood and death, and during their prime, they did not disappoint.

Sorry I find them all cheesy in their own ways. Metallica more so then Slayer and Megadeth.

Save the environment, shoot yourself in the head.
And when there is no hope I'll smoke some crack I'll shoot some dope.
Buzzov*en is offline   Reply With Quote