Music Banter - View Single Post - Born in the wrong generation
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 10:43 AM   #187 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyinthesky View Post
Don't you ever feel like you were born fifty years too late?
I thought about that often since I tend to listen to more of older music than Top 40 that's out now. I would have to say 'no.' I love British Rock everything from the Shadows to the Smiths, (and then it tails off for me a few groups here and there) but if I was born fifty years earlier or even fifty years ago I don't think I would have the opportunity to know what I know now. I talk to my uncles about music and they live during that time but they are limited to what was available on 45s, LPs and radio (to be honest they know stuff I don't know and I know stuff they don't know.) They are both fine musicians but they are not music collectors. I think from the perspective of audiophile the 70's beats all everything was analog from the instruments to recording to sound reproduction and amplification, that's if you don't mind a little hissing and scratching. But from the standpoint of a music collector I think the transition period from the age of CDs to the audio-files (mp3s and i-tunes) is the best, in the present is there is still the best of both world, vinyl, CDs and audio-files, who knows what the future may bring some of those formats could be lost.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote