Music Banter - View Single Post - Movie Club discussion thread
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 07:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plum View Post
I fell asleep during it but my boyfriend stayed up watching it

He said I didn't miss anything and that it was really boring

Basically his summation was thus:

"The guy,showed these people a bunch of pictures, and he blew them up and he said to them 'CAN YOU SEE THE BODY' and no one saw the body I guess. Then he did a lot of pacing, it sucked. Nothing really happened"
this is the same boyfriend that loves watching wrestling a male soap opera?

tbh, this movie was about as painful as pulling teeth but it's my first viewing of it. I felt like it dragged on a bit in certain parts. I seemed to pick up near the end and tended to symbolize more through certain scenes. For instance, I'm still trying to figure out what the director was trying to show by having him go to a gig where the people aren't dancing much except for two people at the back of the room.

Also, I noticed that he was going against the grain, he was going to the back of the room and fighting to get to the back through all the rigid stiff people. I'm pretty sure there was some significance to that scene but I haven't figured it out yet. When I saw the mimes in the ending scene it finally clicked a bit. i didn't understand why they were there at the beginning of the movie but I guess they were there to show that being in his world as a photographer it is better off to use his imagination and let reality take a back seat.

At the end of the movie he finally comes to the realization that what happens in his imagination is much more better and interesting than the real world could ever offer. He accepts this realization by throwing back the ball to the mimes.

I'm pretty sure upon future viewings I will see more that I missed out this time around.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote