Music Banter - View Single Post - The Mars Volta
Thread: The Mars Volta
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 12:35 PM   #683 (permalink)
sillysillymary
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petula07 View Post
So here I am, probably their new fan

I listened them during all January and still I can't stop.
People told me Octahedron is easier for getting into them but I didn't want to start with easier album. So I had it chronologically how albums were released.
I still remember my feelings when I listened Deloused for the first time. "Oh my, what a crazy loud band? What is it?!"
I thought they will be too big mess for me. But not. Slowly I am discovering feelings of songs, melodies and something inside them.
Now I would say its one of the most original bands

I have a question for fans. I mean real fans who like them and listen to them for some longer time. How are they live? How are their concerts?
I read a lot of critic comments, even from their big fans... So I don't know how it is...
I only barely started listening to them ,too, in the last year. I really liked a few songs and I can tell they have that music magic. But, I'm sort of getting turned away from them because its coming across to me as "angry" music (and I always judge music by the feeling. So, I'm not sure that I am going to pursue them anymore. They might just get a tip of the hat and walk on.