Music Banter - View Single Post - The Prog & Psychedelic Rock Recommendations Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 12:40 PM   #41 (permalink)
Hank The Drifter
Take it easy, but take it

I am helplessly addicted to Hypnos 69 right now..and I must admit..that's not a bad thing. This, one of if not THE, best progressive rock band out there right now that's not considered part of the classic bands, in my opinion. I mean maybe this band's not the most progressive or groundbreaking but they exert something into their music I feel most progressive rock bands lack..and that's feeling. I often times feel like some progressive rock/metal bands are wanking around on the guitar just to do so and show off, but these dudes, I don't feel that. I don't know, maybe I'm way off about progressive rock in general but that's just how I normally feel when listening to neo-progressive rock and such. Then again with new progressive metal, not so much rock, I feel like a majority of the bands are carbon copies almost which just voids the point of it being 'progressive' music, lol.

/sorry for long babble.

Also, this isn't a recommendation to anyone in particular just people in general who have no heard them.