Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   General Music (https://www.musicbanter.com/general-music/)
-   -   Latest trend of music industry (https://www.musicbanter.com/general-music/20343-latest-trend-music-industry.html)

elatedsky 01-11-2007 06:52 PM

Latest trend of music industry
 
Hi guys, I'm doing an assignment for school work. Thus, I would like to know what's your point of view about the latest trend in music industry? Who's leading now in the music industry?

tdoc210 01-11-2007 06:53 PM

fake pop labeled as emo, or extremo lol

gottaSCREM 01-11-2007 07:09 PM

Rap, Hip-Hop:(

elatedsky 01-11-2007 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamagarmr (Post 324275)
fake pop labeled as emo, or extremo lol

Care to tell me more, why do you think this way? what do you mean by this? (:

elatedsky 01-11-2007 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gottaSCREM (Post 324279)
Rap, Hip-Hop:(

Besides this? Now in Singapore Club, it seems trance is getting popluar (:

Sparky 01-11-2007 07:17 PM

over-produced. repetitive bands making their music emo to sell records.

elatedsky 01-11-2007 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matious (Post 324284)
over-produced. repetitive bands making their music emo to sell records.

Over-produced? u mean the music industry now is out-of-control? hmmm what's emo?(:

tdoc210 01-11-2007 07:41 PM

well, the emo, tha anyone in your school will tell you about is, MCR, and fall out boy, but real emo is saetia, and ros. but mcr is scene kid music ask ethan jk ethan

Sparky 01-11-2007 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elatedsky (Post 324285)
Over-produced? u mean the music industry now is out-of-control? hmmm what's emo?(:

by that i meant, the producers are making the sound too clean. For example nirvana's nevermind was done far better and cleaner then bleach, but it made them sound too fake.

The difference between seeing this bands live, and hearing them on a cd is far bigger, and you realize they can't perform for crap.

emo=meaning "emotional" emo is actually okay, or was, but modern crap like my chemical romance, panic at the disco, fall out boy, or bands like them or totally crushing it.

Just picture Grunge all over again, just this time with eyeliner and tight jeans.

So all and all what im saying is singin in a whiny tone, and being depressed is the latest trend.


Though the "being depressed" part has been around in music forever.

A_Perfect_Sonnet 01-11-2007 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matious (Post 324290)
by that i meant, the producers are making the sound too clean. For example nirvana's nevermind was done far better and cleaner then bleach, but it made them sound too fake.

The difference between seeing this bands live, and hearing them on a cd is far bigger, and you realize they can't perform for crap.

emo=meaning "emotional" emo is actually okay, or was, but modern crap like my chemical romance, panic at the disco, fall out boy, or bands like them or totally crushing it.

Just picture Grunge all over again, just this time with eyeliner and tight jeans.

So all and all what im saying is singin in a whiny tone, and being depressed is the latest trend.


Though the "being depressed" part has been around in music forever.

You're an idiot. Did you ever stop to think that if "emo" stood for emotional then all music would be labeled emo? It's a branch of the hardcore genre that broke off in the mid-80s when acts like Embrace and Rites of Spring came into being. It has existed long before those generic rock and pop-punk acts started labeling themselves after the original genre just because a few of their members liked later "indie emo" acts such as Cap'n Jazz and Sunny Day Real Estate. Emo isn't a trend of fashion or a lifestyle; emo is a genre of music and can only be that. It isn't dead, and it definitely hasn't "evolved" into what you see on MTV and in AP magazine.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:56 PM.


© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.