Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Indie & Alternative (https://www.musicbanter.com/indie-alternative/)
-   -   Early Indie (https://www.musicbanter.com/indie-alternative/23868-early-indie.html)

CaptainSuck 07-15-2007 11:57 PM

Early Indie
 
Can you guys name a bevy of earlier Indie rock/alt bands that don't rely heavily on pop song structures (ie verse chorus verse chorus...etc)?
You'll get lovin' in return.:afro:

Mr Nic 07-16-2007 07:54 AM

Odd request... try 'Cardiacs' if you're after something a little different from the early Eighties. Hard to get hold of some of their stuff though.

The Dave 07-16-2007 04:11 PM

Pavement is probably the best
Dinosaur Jr
The Jersus and Mary Chain
Fugazi
June of 44

CaptainSuck 07-16-2007 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dave (Post 381099)
Pavement is probably the best
Dinosaur Jr
The Jersus and Mary Chain
Fugazi
June of 44

Huge fan of everything there except Pavement, who I've yet to check out.
Thanks :)

CaptainSuck 07-16-2007 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Nic (Post 381058)
Odd request... try 'Cardiacs' if you're after something a little different from the early Eighties. Hard to get hold of some of their stuff though.

Wouldn't happen to have a torrent now, would you :p: ?

jackhammer 07-16-2007 05:07 PM

hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/42526017/Cardiacs_-_A_Little_Man.part1.rar
hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/42525994/Cardiacs_-_A_Little_Man.part2.rar

A taster.

Sparky 07-16-2007 06:20 PM

thanks jackhammer, sounds interesting

The Dave 07-16-2007 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainSuck (Post 381109)
Huge fan of everything there except Pavement, who I've yet to check out.
Thanks :)

I can up Slanted and Enchanted for you tomorrow evening. I would up Wowee Zowee as well but I can't find my cd.

Mildred Pierce 07-18-2007 08:41 AM

Pavement
Archers of Loaf
Sebadoh
Fugazi
Guided by Voices

dRool 07-18-2007 09:35 PM

Pavement definately.
I'm one of the CR,CR fanbois who thinks S&E was just good; nothing brilliant.

EDIT: I'm dumb.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:31 AM.


© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.