Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Introductions (https://www.musicbanter.com/introductions/)
-   -   hello again (https://www.musicbanter.com/introductions/94022-hello-again.html)

sleeveless 10-05-2019 01:16 AM

hello again
 
i should have stated i'd like to chat and talk about music. not necessarily be a heavy board poster

Key 10-05-2019 01:18 AM

i didnt know heavy boards could be posters

Psy-Fi 10-05-2019 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Key (Post 2081913)
i didnt know heavy boards could be posters

Only if they're well hung.

Key 10-05-2019 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psy-Fi (Post 2081922)
Only if they're well hung.

ayeee

elphenor 10-07-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleeveless (Post 2081912)
i should have stated i'd like to chat and talk about music. not necessarily be a heavy board poster

what are your favorite bands?

sleeveless 10-08-2019 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 2082419)
what are your favorite bands?

Ramones, Stooges, MC5, The Boys, Dictators, Blondie... lots of 70's stuff. you?

The Batlord 10-08-2019 05:38 PM

Neat. Modern Lovers?

sleeveless 10-08-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Batlord (Post 2082538)
Neat. Modern Lovers?

I do like them, yes!

The Batlord 10-08-2019 05:56 PM

The Clash: DEBUT or London Calling. An incorrect answer will have consequences.

sleeveless 10-08-2019 06:00 PM

maybe it's because ive heard london calling more than most albums in my life, i would take the self titled debut album

The Batlord 10-08-2019 06:05 PM

I'll take that answer. British or US version? The real test.

sleeveless 10-08-2019 06:09 PM

British. for sure.

The Batlord 10-08-2019 06:11 PM

We will not speak again.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/EINHtf6UmOdRC/giphy.gif

sleeveless 10-08-2019 06:13 PM

ah, for shame

The Batlord 10-08-2019 06:13 PM

Yeah okay but seriously the US version is just a record company compilation but it's got "Clash City Rockers", "Jail Guitar Doors", "Garageland", the better version of "White Riot", and mother****ing "I Fought the Law". You can't beat that no matter how much "artistic intent you have".

sleeveless 10-08-2019 06:16 PM

yeah, you might have me on that one. i do love protex blue, 48 hours and i do like the uk version of white riot. but yes you may be right

The Batlord 10-08-2019 06:30 PM

Always remember, this is Music BANTER. We believe in subjective taste and never being wrong in how you like art, but since we assume that, we also believe in tearing down people who listen to music wrong so long as you can make your case well and hopefully with humor.

sleeveless 10-08-2019 06:33 PM

yeah, i hear you thank you. i'm just realizing it has been a looooong time since I have heard the US release. it does have some essential songs that the uk one doesn't. So I will give you that one definitely.

Mindfulness 10-08-2019 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Batlord (Post 2082555)
Always remember, this is Music BANTER. We believe in subjective taste and never being wrong in how you like art, but since we assume that, we also believe in tearing down people who listen to music wrong so long as you can make your case well and hopefully with humor.

wut

The Batlord 10-08-2019 06:34 PM

The British release is great but god damn the US release just calls to you to listen to every single song over and over again. Best comp ever maybe.

The Batlord 10-08-2019 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindfulness (Post 2082559)
wut

https://i.imgflip.com/1qbgvs.jpg

sleeveless 10-08-2019 06:36 PM

I feel like i have to listen to that one tonight now for sure

The Batlord 10-08-2019 06:39 PM

The first track off this bootleg makes you realize "London's Burning" was the best track that never quite hit as hard as it should on their records though. Sorry I'm drunk and super on about the Clash atm.


elphenor 10-08-2019 07:05 PM

Sandinista! is the true answer

but you keep sleeping on it

The Batlord 10-08-2019 07:08 PM

Sandinista is great. But the debut is my crack. There's no shame in me not liking something as much as the US version of the Clash's debut. There are people I'd literally kill to make sure that album wasn't unrecorded by time travellers.

elphenor 10-08-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleeveless (Post 2082536)
Ramones, Stooges, MC5, The Boys, Dictators, Blondie... lots of 70's stuff. you?

all that first wave and proto stuff + 50's Rockabilly + post-punk + Krautrock + Indie

primarily

elphenor 10-08-2019 07:10 PM

any band that has a cult following from college kids

elphenor 10-08-2019 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Batlord (Post 2082570)
Sandinista is great. But the debut is my crack. There's no shame in me not liking something as much as the US version of the Clash's debut. There are people I'd literally kill to make sure that album wasn't unrecorded by time travellers.

it's gud

The Batlord 10-08-2019 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 2082574)
any band that has a cult following from college kids


elphenor 10-08-2019 07:17 PM

hell yes

B52's and Pylon too

The Batlord 10-08-2019 07:17 PM

Wait elph likes REM? I mean I kinda like REM too but wtf that's not you, dude.

Frownland 10-08-2019 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 2082574)
any band that has a cult following from college kids

Oh like Death Grips.

The Batlord 10-08-2019 07:32 PM

Hey wait weren't the college rock kids about Master of Puppets too?

elphenor 10-08-2019 07:47 PM

I'm not totally convinced Death Grips fandom isn't an internet meme

elphenor 04-21-2020 04:35 AM

whatever happened to this gal

OccultHawk 04-21-2020 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Batlord (Post 2082584)
Hey wait weren't the college rock kids about Master of Puppets too?

Absolutely yes. Early Metallica was huge on college radio.

elphenor 04-21-2020 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 2113791)
whatever happened to this gal

she's one of 3 friends I have


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:38 AM.


© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.