Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.musicbanter.com/lounge/)
-   -   if u had your own country..... (https://www.musicbanter.com/lounge/3240-if-u-had-your-own-country.html)

rise_above 11-12-2004 11:52 AM

if u had your own country.....
 
How would you run your own country?
Would you be a dictator?
Would you be a pacifist?
Would you be an instigator?
Maybe an anarchist?

What would you do?

Junior Saint 11-12-2004 12:06 PM

I would find the countrys best minds and appoint them to position of power. From then on, a democratic vote would be held every 6 months to determine the future government and any changes in the system. The people would have their say, and I would become leader of the senate - only death able to stop me being leader, like our current monarchy. However, i would live within the rest of my land and mingle with the civilians to find out what they think. Pretty random, I know. I think it'll fail though and I'll be assassinated and the country will be run by Commies or something...

jibber 11-12-2004 02:59 PM

I would make a country composed entirely of skiers. some snowboarders can come too, as long as they don't sit on their a**es in the park and get in our way. we would live in a peaceful community, with myslef and a a select few of the most qualified forming a Council to keep justice within our little state. Any problems would be brought forth to the council, and in the event we could not agree on a unanimous solution, we would present the 5 most popular solutions to the public and subject it to a popular vote. every two years, an election would be held to vote in members of the council. there will be 20 regions in our country, and ever region will elect two representatives. Each elected representative will have equal amounts of power withing the Council, united by a common goal to create a utopian community for skiing fanatics, and a selection of snowboarding fanatics. Our economy would be based on the ski industry (having the major independant ski companies naturally flocking to our nation, and the pros too of course). Other our country would be small, but include all the major ski areas in north america, and friendly relations with those in Europe. These areas would include mamoth, whistler, fernie, jackson hole, and many others. We would export skis, goggles, outerwear, and everything ski related, as well as the finest beer known to man (created by a pannel of expert beer connaiseurs). Marajuana would be legal (many skiers and boarders that I know enjoy a fine bud or two every so often), but only in very small operations, and exportation of our fine product would not be tolerated. we would have a written constitution, and citizens in violation of our laws would be treated accodingly. offenses would be categorized by degree (1 being the most serious, 10 being the least), and each degree earning the perpetrator a number of points (1 point for a degree 10 offense, and 10 for a degree 1 offense). If a citizen accumulates 10 points at any point in their lifetime, they will be expelled from our nation forever. immigration will be kept to an extreme minimum, and anyone applying for citizenship to our great nation will have to undergo a lengthy application process. their criminal records will be strictly evaluated, and if they have the equivalent of 6 of our points, they will be denied citizenship (possesion of small amounts of marajuana will not be taken into consideration, as it is legal in our country, nor will offenses of underage drinking be considered an offense, unless they are a recorded alcoholic, we want none of that in our country). The ski hills will of course be open at all times of daylight, and solar panels and wind turbines will be set up to fuel lights to light the terrain parks after the sun has set. In the summer, the mountains will be converted to mountain bike terrain.

Thrice 11-12-2004 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jibber
I would make a country composed entirely of skiers. some snowboarders can come too, as long as they don't sit on their a**es in the park and get in our way. we would live in a peaceful community, with myslef and a a select few of the most qualified forming a Council to keep justice within our little state. Any problems would be brought forth to the council, and in the event we could not agree on a unanimous solution, we would present the 5 most popular solutions to the public and subject it to a popular vote. every two years, an election would be held to vote in members of the council. there will be 20 regions in our country, and ever region will elect two representatives. Each elected representative will have equal amounts of power withing the Council, united by a common goal to create a utopian community for skiing fanatics, and a selection of snowboarding fanatics. Our economy would be based on the ski industry (having the major independant ski companies naturally flocking to our nation, and the pros too of course). Other our country would be small, but include all the major ski areas in north america, and friendly relations with those in Europe. These areas would include mamoth, whistler, fernie, jackson hole, and many others. We would export skis, goggles, outerwear, and everything ski related, as well as the finest beer known to man (created by a pannel of expert beer connaiseurs). Marajuana would be legal (many skiers and boarders that I know enjoy a fine bud or two every so often), but only in very small operations, and exportation of our fine product would not be tolerated. we would have a written constitution, and citizens in violation of our laws would be treated accodingly. offenses would be categorized by degree (1 being the most serious, 10 being the least), and each degree earning the perpetrator a number of points (1 point for a degree 10 offense, and 10 for a degree 1 offense). If a citizen accumulates 10 points at any point in their lifetime, they will be expelled from our nation forever. immigration will be kept to an extreme minimum, and anyone applying for citizenship to our great nation will have to undergo a lengthy application process. their criminal records will be strictly evaluated, and if they have the equivalent of 6 of our points, they will be denied citizenship (possesion of small amounts of marajuana will not be taken into consideration, as it is legal in our country, nor will offenses of underage drinking be considered an offense, unless they are a recorded alcoholic, we want none of that in our country). The ski hills will of course be open at all times of daylight, and solar panels and wind turbines will be set up to fuel lights to light the terrain parks after the sun has set. In the summer, the mountains will be converted to mountain bike terrain.

I ski, and i treid snowbaording, and i was taking lessons and thats all we did...it was so lame.

jibber 11-12-2004 03:39 PM

^haha, it annoys the hell out of me, cause i'll go in for a jump, and there'll be somone sitting right there in the inrun, and i have to bail to avoid running them over. aw well, maybe I can make use of them in my country, after all, we will need lift attendants and people to maintain the parks.

covle 11-13-2004 03:24 AM

im a snowboarder, and those people piss the **** out of me also. common curtesy would suggest moving out of everyone else's way. apparently these people are above the rest of us

rise_above 11-13-2004 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junior Saint
I would find the countrys best minds and appoint them to position of power. From then on, a democratic vote would be held every 6 months to determine the future government and any changes in the system. The people would have their say, and I would become leader of the senate - only death able to stop me being leader, like our current monarchy. However, i would live within the rest of my land and mingle with the civilians to find out what they think. Pretty random, I know. I think it'll fail though and I'll be assassinated and the country will be run by Commies or something...

hmmmmm. sounds like it'll turn out to be one of those third world countries. :ar_15s: (jk)

jibber 11-13-2004 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by covle
im a snowboarder, and those people piss the **** out of me also. common curtesy would suggest moving out of everyone else's way. apparently these people are above the rest of us

they think they are until my friend just runs into them when he's using his sh*tty skis he uses for rails :) (he doesn't run into them on his good skis, that might ruin the skis, not good)

Junior Saint 11-15-2004 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rise_above
hmmmmm. sounds like it'll turn out to be one of those third world countries. :ar_15s: (jk)

Most probably, yes. Well at least Sir Geldof would help us out. By the way, I love ski-ing and I hate it when punk ass snowboarders cut you up. Like they did on my first ever time on a Black Piste in Kitzbuhel. Twat...

Han 11-17-2004 02:46 PM

If I had my own country (this is so original) I would give third world countries a lot more money and a better life, for example the royal families art collection is worth 36 billion (dont blame me if it is not totally accurate) that could feed a whole country!
oh and i would ban smoking in public places...


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:46 AM.


© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.