Your Day - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2021, 04:17 PM   #79981 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 46,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
See, when you're an internet leftist, not knowing anything at all beyond a set of slogans you've picked up from a podcast is not an impediment to being right all the time. It's rather the prerequisite.

I would say that I've been interested in French influence on Russian language and culture since I've spoken both languages from an early age (and all the more since reading Klyuchevsky's stunning lectures on Russia's cultural history in my late teens), but what could this even mean to aggressively, proudly ignorant people who have no conception of any culture or language beyond those they were born into?





When you definitely know how Quebec nationalists feel about the French...
You sure you ain't a Straussian, boy?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 06:26 PM   #79982 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,170
Default

Jadis more like jaPISS lmao
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 06:43 PM   #79983 (permalink)
Make it so
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,863
Default

Working from home today and battling with our social media team (miserable sods). I'm debating going for a walk to buy a bottle of wine and set up my Christmas tree. Is anyone else doing early decorating?
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 07:45 PM   #79984 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 46,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celladorina View Post
Working from home today and battling with our social media team (miserable sods). I'm debating going for a walk to buy a bottle of wine and set up my Christmas tree. Is anyone else doing early decorating?
How's your cult?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 07:52 PM   #79985 (permalink)
Make it so
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
How's your cult?

Cuuu....lt?
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 08:31 PM   #79986 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 46,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celladorina View Post
Cuuu....lt?
Yeah you know how the last time you showed up you were posting weird religious **** that was part of some cult you were into? I mean did you get over that or are you just here to spread cult ****?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 11:35 PM   #79987 (permalink)
Make it so
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Yeah you know how the last time you showed up you were posting weird religious **** that was part of some cult you were into? I mean did you get over that or are you just here to spread cult ****?

Lol I had to look back to 2018 to see what you meant. I was just um...going through some ****. I was high as a kite at the time. Wasn't in a cult, just out of my mind. I'm back on planet earth now and sober lol. No idea what I even was talking to you about tbh.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 06:31 AM   #79988 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 46,478
Default

So no fun cult stories?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 07:37 AM   #79989 (permalink)
Certified H00d Classic
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bernie Sanders's yacht
Posts: 6,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
So no fun cult stories?
If you want fun cult stories just go to your nearest church on Sunday.
__________________
Anteater's 21 Fav Albums Of 2020

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 08:55 AM   #79990 (permalink)
Ⱨł₲ⱧɆⱤ Vł฿Ɽ₳₮łØ₦₴
 
Mindfulness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 8,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celladorina View Post
Lol I had to look back to 2018 to see what you meant. I was just um...going through some ****. I was high as a kite at the time. Wasn't in a cult, just out of my mind. I'm back on planet earth now and sober lol. No idea what I even was talking to you about tbh.
Welcome back
Mindfulness is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.