Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Rap & Hip-Hop (https://www.musicbanter.com/rap-hip-hop/)
-   -   Trip-Hop (https://www.musicbanter.com/rap-hip-hop/5513-trip-hop.html)

Sneer 04-07-2005 11:32 AM

Trip-Hop
 
i wish to expand my horizons blah blah. trip-hop wise i know of massive attack and saul williams but i want to explore it further. so, any suggestions?

Urban Hat€monger ? 04-07-2005 11:40 AM

Well there was only a handful of real trip hop bands anyway. (Massive Attack ,Tricky , Morcheeba, Portishead) And they all kinda got lost in the late 90s

If you want something more up to date I`d maybe suggest some chill out/hip hop/electronica influenced stuff ... like DJ Shadow , Mr Scruff , David Holmes , Fourtet , Cinematic Orchestra , Nightmares On Wax , Blue States ,Boards Of Canada, UNKLE ... that sort of thing

SATCHMO 04-07-2005 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LedZepStu
i wish to expand my horizons blah blah. trip-hop wise i know of massive attack and saul williams but i want to explore it further. so, any suggestions?

Did I miss some crucial point in Saul Williams' Career? Last I knew he Was a spoken-word artist. Not a far stretch by any means, but still.

Sneer 04-07-2005 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
Well there was only a handful of real trip hop bands anyway. (Massive Attack ,Tricky , Morcheeba, Portishead) And they all kinda got lost in the late 90s

If you want something more up to date I`d maybe suggest some chill out/hip hop/electronica influenced stuff ... like DJ Shadow , Mr Scruff , David Holmes , Fourtet , Cinematic Orchestra , Nightmares On Wax , Blue States ,Boards Of Canada, UNKLE ... that sort of thing

nice one. i didnt think of morcheeba, portishead or blue states as trip-hop.

hookers with machineguns 04-07-2005 05:23 PM

Pick up an album from Bjork, Portishead, and Tricky, and you're in the clear.

dirt mcgirt 04-07-2005 09:31 PM

yo, go pick up dummy by portishead. nuspirit helsinki does some tight trip hop sh*t too.

hookers with machineguns 04-07-2005 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirt mcgirt
yo, go pick up dummy by portishead.

one of the best albums I own. Great f*cking recommendation.

Sneer 04-08-2005 05:31 AM

i have their self-titled follow up to dummy- but not dummy itself.

Crooked.Obession 04-08-2005 10:49 PM

dj shadow - stem long stem, midnight in a perfect world, high noon, blood on the motorway, duality, building steam with a grain of salt.... get all these songs

SATCHMO 04-08-2005 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crooked.Obession
dj shadow - stem long stem, midnight in a perfect world, high noon, blood on the motorway, duality, building steam with a grain of salt.... get all these songs

Dj Shadow is ILL !!!!!!!! I'm trying to find a song. I think its on Preemptive Strike Its really slow and peacful, has a nice melodic bass part and a guy singing something that sounds like "chances are" here and there.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:53 AM.


© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.