Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Rock N Roll, Classic Rock & 60s Rock (https://www.musicbanter.com/rock-n-roll-classic-rock-60s-rock/)
-   -   Suggestions for a 14yr old rock fan pleeeease (https://www.musicbanter.com/rock-n-roll-classic-rock-60s-rock/95445-suggestions-14yr-old-rock-fan-pleeeease.html)

Marie Monday 01-11-2021 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prophylacticpanic (Post 2155416)
I read the list, I figured the kid may enjoy it. No snobbiness was intended.

I thought it was a good rec. Never mind Hawk

OccultHawk 01-11-2021 03:41 PM

It’s an unassailable record but it’s too far.

And Suicide is just come on / she’s 14

The Batlord 01-11-2021 03:46 PM

Your opinion is noted and discarded.

Marie Monday 01-11-2021 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OccultHawk (Post 2155422)
It’s an unassailable record but it’s too far.

And Suicide is just come on / she’s 14

I'm not sure the Monks is too far. I think Suicide probably is and Fun House too, but hey, trying doesn't hurt

also Hawk talking about respecting proper boundaries of 14 year olds, the irony

can we take this to another thread though? let's just keep this one for the recs, the poor kid doesn't need our arguing

OccultHawk 01-11-2021 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marie Monday (Post 2155427)
I'm not sure the Monks is too far. I think Suicide probably is and Fun House too, but hey, trying doesn't hurt

I think VU and The Stooges are better transition bands later.

There’s basically nothing punk or experimental on her current list.

Marie Monday 01-11-2021 04:06 PM

which is why I rec'd it. Expanding your horizons is fun. And the VU at their gentlest is accessible to everyone, I didn't choose Sunday Morning by accident.

Also like Charles said, you keep assuming the kid's a girl, why?

OccultHawk 01-11-2021 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marie Monday (Post 2155430)
which is why I rec'd it. Expanding your horizons is fun. And the VU at their gentlest is accessible to everyone, I didn't choose Sunday Morning by accident.

Also like Charles said, you keep assuming the kid's a girl, why?

She double posted and I guess a mod deleted one. It said “14 year old girl” on the other

Marie Monday 01-11-2021 04:25 PM

oh I should have remembered because that mod was me lol

OccultHawk 01-11-2021 04:27 PM

If they don’t want their gender revealed feel free to edit my posts

Psy-Fi 01-11-2021 05:27 PM

A few 'classic' rock groups and artists not on your list...

Quicksilver Messenger Service
Robin Trower
The Allman Brothers Band
Blues Magoos
Dantalian's Chariot
The Byrds
The Moody Blues
The Turtles
The Mothers of Invention
Savoy Brown
The Chocolate Watchband
Blue Öyster Cult
Black Sabbath
J.J. Cale
The Doors
David Bowie
The Electric Prunes
Lynyrd Skynyrd
King Crimson
The Music Machine
Blind Faith
Moby Grape


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:16 PM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.