Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Song Writing, Lyrics and Poetry (https://www.musicbanter.com/song-writing-lyrics-poetry/)
-   -   Forum Member Showcase (https://www.musicbanter.com/song-writing-lyrics-poetry/64754-forum-member-showcase.html)

Plankton 09-06-2012 12:31 PM

Forum Member Showcase
 
I know there are quite a few people here that play, and I've been wondering what you sound like. So, if you play an instrument and have something recorded, post up your best work (if possible).

someonecompletelyrandom 09-06-2012 12:45 PM

Always the first one to promote myself.

Plankton 09-06-2012 12:54 PM

Sounds pretty cool. I take it you programmed the drums, and played the keys and guits?

Frownland 09-06-2012 12:57 PM

Here's mine: Discovering That Escape Is Impossible - Wolves In Sheepskin
One of our better raw takes.

EDIT: That's a good track, Conan. I dig the jumpiness of it in the beginning.

Plankton 09-06-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 1228071)
Here's mine: Discovering That Escape Is Impossible - Wolves In Sheepskin
One of our better raw takes.

EDIT: That's a good track, Conan. I dig the jumpiness of it in the beginning.

I felt like:

http://images.somethingawful.com/mjo...5/specter1.jpg

Nice! That was live?

someonecompletelyrandom 09-06-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plankton (Post 1228067)
Sounds pretty cool. I take it you programmed the drums, and played the keys and guits?

Correct, but I did some of the drumming myself with a digital set.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 1228071)
Here's mine: Discovering That Escape Is Impossible - Wolves In Sheepskin
One of our better raw takes.

EDIT: That's a good track, Conan. I dig the jumpiness of it in the beginning.

Thanks. Diggin ya'll's track myself. I used to listen to this kind of stuff all the time. You have an album out?

Burning Down 09-06-2012 01:14 PM

Well these are definitely not my very best work but I'm not ashamed of them either. Please excuse the mistakes :(

Concerto in G Major - Pergolesi



Andante from Piano Sonata No. 1 in C Major - Mozart (I'm thinking of redoing this one)



Super Mario Brothers Theme. Just for fun.



I have a lot more flute ones and also some guitar ones but I won't spam up the thread just yet. :D

Plankton 09-06-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burning Down (Post 1228085)
Well these are definitely not my very best work but I'm not ashamed of them either. Please excuse the mistakes :(

Concerto in G Major - Pergolesi



Andante from Piano Sonata No. 1 in C Major - Mozart (I'm thinking of redoing this one)



Super Mario Brothers Theme. Just for fun.



I have a lot more flute ones and also some guitar ones but I won't spam up the thread just yet. :D

Very talented! ...and the Mario one was a nice touch.

Plankton 09-06-2012 01:41 PM

Ok since I started it, I guess I'll throw one out there.

Did this one quite a few years ago, and since it's the right month...

September by Planktons on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Frownland 09-06-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plankton (Post 1228079)

Haha, that's sort of what we were going for. It wasn't necessarily a performance, unless you count my cat, but it was entirely improvised so that might be where you got the idea that it was live.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conan (Post 1228083)
Thanks. Diggin ya'll's track myself. I used to listen to this kind of stuff all the time. You have an album out?

Thanks yourself. We don't have a specific album out, persay, but we do have a couple hundred of untitled tracks that we need to sift through and I'm sure that we can make a few albums out of that.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:51 AM.


© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.