Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 06:53 AM   #7485 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
What, people changing their view about politics is rare there?
It happens all the time here. We don't really have a left or a right wing. We have a lot of political parties and they all share some points. They work together in a coalition.
Right now we have a coalition of a party that's pretty christian (CDA) but mainly 'nothing'. They don't really do much on either side of the line. And there's the VVD which is very into hard labour and a pain in the ass for everyone who can't work hard. With the VVD the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. The third party that has a lot to say here isn't part of the coalition, but definitely has some influence. It's called the PVV and is thought to be extremely on the right (as in 'not left') side. Turns out most of the PVV's views are quite left, but the party is rather racistic, especially when it comes to the Islam.

Eitherway, I vote SP which is about as left wing as you can get. It's obviously TOO left, but there's not much else. We have Groenlinks ("greenleft") which sounds left but is actually a party for rich hipsters.
And there's "PVDA", Partij van de Arbeid, meaning "Party of Labour", which is a bit left of centre and not all that bad, but still a bit too right for me.
I voted PVDA last year since SP really didn't stand a chance against PVV, VVD and CDA. I figured 'the best we can get is PVDA in the coalition'.
Didn't happen... ****.

I hope you can understand a thing of what I say. It may be very different from what you're used to
Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I was able to follow it just fine. I frown upon the general voting process so I don't vote. i didn't vote for Obama even though my racist friend was all like go vote for your monkey candidate all you want he's not going to win and lo and behold he did win. I didn't vote for him. I refused to. He was the lesser of two evils but highly inexperienced being a politician in my books. I don't care what race he is at the end of the day he's still a politician and he will do whatever is best for his career.
We have two main factions here. The ruling coalition is called National Front, which is a group of moderate conservatives with one major party representing each major race - UMNO for Malays, MCA for Chinese and MIC for Indian.

The Opposition is called the Citizen's Alliance, which comprises of Malays kicked out of UMNO for disagreeing with the ex and current Prime Ministers, a Chinese activist party and a fundamentalist Islamic group of fanatics.

Guess which I voted for in the last election?
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote