Music Banter - View Single Post - This I Believe There is / is not a God
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #763 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabbe View Post
Without a question or doubt, I completely believe in the existence of God.
So right off the bat, I have to assume that there will be absolutely no talking to you. You have just claimed that you have no question or doubt about the existence of god, so what am I going to say that can make any difference? If you want to think like that, go ahead, but it's rather odd to go into a discussion with that kind of attitude.

Quote:
Now I have arrived at this conclusion after been exposed to information that many people all around the world were not exposed to.
Such as? All you've posted is nothing that I haven't heard before.

Quote:
Many unfortunately were exposed to scientific theories that try to deny his existence, and they have bought into the Darwinian idea that somehow we humans and everything that we see around us, were sprung up out of utter emptiness and for no purpose.
Off to a good start so far. You have just failed to see the difference between evolution and spontaneous biogenesis (the idea that life spawned from non-biological sources). Or you actually don't see a difference between evolution and the big bang theory, which would be rather astounding.

Quote:
I refuse to see my existence in this world as a meaningless phenomenon, were I live a certain frame of time in this universe, and then I return to the elements that my physical body is made of.
You refuse? I hope you have a better reason for believing in an all powerful supernatural being that controls the universe and everything in it for reasons that remain unknown than, "cause I wanna".

Quote:
I feel within myself something that is not only physical, but completely spiritual. Animals on the other hand, never have these kinds of thoughts. They don't contemplate about spiritual things, they don’t search for meaning, spiritual fulfillment or spiritual enjoyment, what drives them is their physical bodily instincts that are aimed at one thing, survival.
Really? What studies can you show us that support this little theory or yours?

Quote:
Humans are completely the opposite, yes we do want to survive physically, but we seek recognition, appreciation, gratitude, and personal relationships.
All of which make it possible for humans to coexist in a society (or herd if you will). I don't see why that means that we simply must come from a god.

Quote:
Alexander the Great, for example was a young warrior from Macedonia, his lived a short life, but his actions were world famous and vast. His entire objective was 'how history will remember me'?

His actions were designed for heroism and the immortality of his name. What kind of an animal cares about what other animals will think or say or remember it? the only motivation it has, is physical survival, it lacks that human soul that puts a staggering difference between the Human and the animal.

So remembrance of name and accomplishments is solely a human character and ambition, and this urge can never be out of any animalistic instincts, but its root is from the spiritual soul that is eternal.
Indeed? So animals procreating to spread their genes to later generations and competing for mates to decide just which genes will be spread has nothing at all in common with Alexander trying to spread his name through history?

Quote:
We have a clear record, every single civilization in history that didn’t adhere to the Voice of Sinai, and ignored God’s message, were eventually destroyed, such examples are Greece, Babylon, Persia and Rome.
These ancient kingdoms were all pagans, who believed in idols made of stone and wood, they ignored God and his message, and they created their own many gods void of anything divine, and serving only their selfish needs, and not God.
So the Christian Byzantine Empire and the Holy Roman Empire are still around?

Sorry for ignoring the part of your post about Solomon and the Torah and what not, but I don't really appreciate being preached at.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote