Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 12:01 AM   #1996 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaligojurah View Post
That's a very small portion of my point, one of which bares little relevance, and I will not argue on. I'm not criticizing her for sounding like Madonna, that's running over old ground. I'm scrutinizing the possibility this is a very brilliant marketing ploy ala Kiss removing their make-up. IE. it's possible she WANTS you to criticize it for being like Madonna so her loyal fanbase may just clamor for the "old Gaga back".

She manufactures an intentional blunder, and reaps the rewards for her followup. It's either that, or she's so self obsessed, that she'll hype her own work to the moon thinking it's the greatest thing since smore pop tarts. I tend to believe she's not an idiot, though, and she wouldn't dig herself a hole that deep. She wouldn't have gotten this far otherwise.
I agree with that. At this point, she could release just about anything, and it's going to go platinum and have singles which enjoy significant radio airplay. With this album, she's going to get panned by critics, but her loyal "Little Monsters" are going to defend her completely...and like you said, "clamor for the old Gaga back".

When she goes for her fourth album, she's going to say she's going back to her roots from her first two albums, but improving on it with what she's learned from her third album, and it's going to be an extremely highly anticipated release. That will probably end up selling more copies than any of her previous albums.

She's been around the industry a while; she knows what she's doing, and she's fairly smart or she wouldn't have marketed herself and created the phenomenon that she is.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote