Music Banter - View Single Post - This I Believe There is / is not a God
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 05:43 PM   #854 (permalink)
PurpleWolf
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
It also gives easy answers even though those answers may be wrong and even harmful (about homosexuality, the role of women, slavery).
Yes thats very true. The Abrahamic religions are very much about putting power into the hands of men. Feminine men and gays are a disgrace to men, women must be submissive and quiet, and treating another human being as worse than an animal is A-OK!!

Quote:
That's just life.
Yeeaapp, its a pointless and otherwise boring life.

Quote:
Tell that to anyone who's ever been stoned to death for adultery, burned as a witch, or tortured to death for heresy.
Don't forget the Crusades....

Quote:
The western world was built on Christianity, (leading to witch burnings, the Inquisition, the repression of science, the oppression of women, etc) but now it is built on taking those things that we still agree with (thou shallt not kill, love thy neighbor, etc) and ignoring all those things that are inconvenient. Like it or not, Christianity's hold on the western world is dying.
I should stop posting after 3am, my brain died and stupid comments appear.
You are quite right there, thank you for pointing that out.

Quote:
I don't mean to misrepresent your post by ignoring the last part, but the first half of your post was what I wanted to discuss.
Not a problem!
PurpleWolf is offline   Reply With Quote