Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicbanter Improvement Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 07:04 PM   #748 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
I'd have to imagine this isn't possible, but I'd love a feature we can opt into which doesn't include threads in the "New Threads" listing if its been recently bumped by either

A: A poll vote with no post or...

B: A post by someone with less than X number of votes. I'd prefer the user gets to set the X but if it had to be a set number, say 100 posts.

I've stopped looking in threads because I know as soon as its someone I've never seen before its going to be a post to the effect of:

"I love this band. my favorite songs are [first single] and [second single]. I'm kinda into them, but I don't know. what do you think?"

I mean, I'd really like a feature to set their computer on fire, but I know thats beyond the scope.
That would be nice, especially in regard to really old threads being bumped because someone voted in the poll. I know that in your User CP, under Options, you can choose which threads to display based on how old they are (i.e. you can choose to display only threads that are X amount of days/months old). I believe the forum default is "Show All Threads." However, I don't know if that means when the thread is last updated or when it was actually started. I'm thinking the latter, so even if you chose that option, really old threads may still show up under "New Posts".

Most of the time it's spammers and people who are posting to 15 so they can share a link.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote