Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Announcements, Suggestions, & Feedback
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 05:50 PM   #741 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,507
Default

And with that blessing

http://www.musicbanter.com/announcem...tml#post971120

EDIT: Sorry, Janszoon. Didn't see your post in time.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:48 AM   #742 (permalink)
Groupie
 
BombTheMusicIndustry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 28
Default

I have a question. Is there any way I can view my own profile without having to search through my posts, which is not easy being I can't get to my profile. When I first joined I think my name was clickable, but now I can't click it. Is it like this for everybody? Because this is a real pain in the rump.
__________________
"How happy is the blameless vestal's Lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd."
BombTheMusicIndustry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:21 AM   #743 (permalink)
...
 
dankrsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Serbia
Posts: 1,774
Default

You can access your profile from any page through 'User CP'. It's in the upper left corner of the page. When you click on it you can see what threads you've subscribed to (if any) and on the side is a menu with lots of options. The link to your profile is just underneath 'Your Control Panel'. I hope this helps. And btw, your username (in the posts) should be clickable. I mean, I just clicked on it and it opened a drop down menu, if that's what you mean.
__________________
dankrsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:06 PM   #744 (permalink)
Groupie
 
PurpleWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double X View Post
I think if you posted a youtube link instead of a downloadable link more people would have responded. I go on here in quick spurts and don't have time to download something, listen, and give feedback. Youtube would just make it more convenient. I'm willing to listen if it is quick to get to - I listened to FireInCairo's myspace because it looked appealing and it was easy to get to.
I second this idea. I find Youtube links are very convenient for people surfing the thread.
Person A: Check out this song!!!! [link] I like it because of this and this!
Person B: *clicks* zomgbubbles! I love this song too!!

Makes it easier and more convenient than opening up another tab or window and having everything load up again (unless you have super fast internet, then it doesn't really matter)
PurpleWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:07 AM   #745 (permalink)
Groupie
 
BombTheMusicIndustry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankrsta View Post
You can access your profile from any page through 'User CP'. It's in the upper left corner of the page. When you click on it you can see what threads you've subscribed to (if any) and on the side is a menu with lots of options. The link to your profile is just underneath 'Your Control Panel'. I hope this helps. And btw, your username (in the posts) should be clickable. I mean, I just clicked on it and it opened a drop down menu, if that's what you mean.
Sweet! Thanks, man. For some reason I could not find that link to save my life. And yeah, I actually did know about the clickable name in the post, that's why I was saying the only way I was able toview my posts was if I either made a new post or searched for anearlier one. I was talking about your name in the upper right hand corner of the screen being clickable, but I guess it was never clickable. Oh well, at least now I know where the link is. Thanks again.
__________________
"How happy is the blameless vestal's Lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd."
BombTheMusicIndustry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:13 AM   #746 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombTheMusicIndustry View Post
Sweet! Thanks, man. For some reason I could not find that link to save my life. And yeah, I actually did know about the clickable name in the post, that's why I was saying the only way I was able toview my posts was if I either made a new post or searched for anearlier one. I was talking about your name in the upper right hand corner of the screen being clickable, but I guess it was never clickable. Oh well, at least now I know where the link is. Thanks again.
Also on the main page, near the bottom there's an active users list. Your name should be first and you can just click it.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:38 PM   #747 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

I'd have to imagine this isn't possible, but I'd love a feature we can opt into which doesn't include threads in the "New Threads" listing if its been recently bumped by either

A: A poll vote with no post or...

B: A post by someone with less than X number of votes. I'd prefer the user gets to set the X but if it had to be a set number, say 100 posts.

I've stopped looking in threads because I know as soon as its someone I've never seen before its going to be a post to the effect of:

"I love this band. my favorite songs are [first single] and [second single]. I'm kinda into them, but I don't know. what do you think?"

I mean, I'd really like a feature to set their computer on fire, but I know thats beyond the scope.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:04 PM   #748 (permalink)
The Music Guru.
 
Burning Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 4,731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
I'd have to imagine this isn't possible, but I'd love a feature we can opt into which doesn't include threads in the "New Threads" listing if its been recently bumped by either

A: A poll vote with no post or...

B: A post by someone with less than X number of votes. I'd prefer the user gets to set the X but if it had to be a set number, say 100 posts.

I've stopped looking in threads because I know as soon as its someone I've never seen before its going to be a post to the effect of:

"I love this band. my favorite songs are [first single] and [second single]. I'm kinda into them, but I don't know. what do you think?"

I mean, I'd really like a feature to set their computer on fire, but I know thats beyond the scope.
That would be nice, especially in regard to really old threads being bumped because someone voted in the poll. I know that in your User CP, under Options, you can choose which threads to display based on how old they are (i.e. you can choose to display only threads that are X amount of days/months old). I believe the forum default is "Show All Threads." However, I don't know if that means when the thread is last updated or when it was actually started. I'm thinking the latter, so even if you chose that option, really old threads may still show up under "New Posts".

Most of the time it's spammers and people who are posting to 15 so they can share a link.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #749 (permalink)
\/ GOD
 
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Nowhere...
Posts: 2,161
Default

any way somebody can fix the shoutbox up to accept symbols like " and >?
__________________
Quote:
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:51 AM   #750 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaligojurah View Post
any way somebody can fix the shoutbox up to accept symbols like " and >?
That's more of a recent thing, I believe, but it will be included in the list I'm compiling with the mods to forward to the admin.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.