Music Banter - View Single Post - Religious people: what is your level of observance?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 03:45 PM   #64 (permalink)
GeddyBass2112
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I'm sorry to hear that but it's great that you are still alive to post on MB and that you found the strength to carry on.
It's funny, music is probably the one thing that kept me going. No matter what was happening to me, I still had my two basses, an amp and I could still play it.

Writing songs allowed me to have some emotional overspill too...I could write my opinions, feelings and other 'negative' feelings/emotions into something of worth.

Quote:
I experienced something like that in the church that my mother used to drag me to and to this day I still don't know what fully happened.
TBH it's probably better not to know...

Quote:
I don't know the views/thoughts on sexual orientation within Judaism but there are some Christian denominations that accept all orientations. Catholic is not one of them.
It's heavily dependant on the shul you attend and what country you live in as much as anything. Many Jews, including Orthodoxy, are becoming more and more tolerant towards homosexuality.
GeddyBass2112 is offline   Reply With Quote