Music Banter - View Single Post - Arctic Monkeys
Thread: Arctic Monkeys
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 04:26 PM   #442 (permalink)
DreamingOfAlbion
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakkc View Post
Initial impression was "quite boring, they have lost it and sound exactly like kasabian now" but I remember hearing Cornerstone from Humbug and not liking it at first. Either way I'll wait till the album comes out but their lyrical content of the first 2 albums with all the social commentary and such - that was young lads, not famous yet writing songs just about their lives, now they are rich and famous living polar opposite lifestyles, so I can't really see this album, or any following albums reaching such lyrical highs as previous efforts.
Yeah, I totally agree. I didn't like Cornerstone either but it sort of grew on me. But the video for it is so corny. I can't even stand to watch it.

Noel Gallagher once said that he just couldn't write lyrics like he used to when Oasis first started because he's not in that place anymore, not living on the dole or whatever. I assume Alex Turner is sort of getting to that point as well. But as far as the music goes, I know they're trying to branch out and try new things which is great but, I'm just not into the direction they're going.
DreamingOfAlbion is offline   Reply With Quote