Music Banter - View Single Post - New MB Community Site
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 07:38 AM   #15 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlitSunshine View Post
I would join a new forum were it to be created, but as others have said, I would be worried about the connotations - not only might it split the userbase, how would we ensure that every member heard about the new site? Also, what about old returning members - would they know where to look to find their old community?

However, the big thing from my own personal perspective is Archives. If we move to a new site, I would be much happier to do so were there a way to lift everything from this forum to the new one, but I have a feeling that that wouldn't be possible without admin access, if at all. if we can't, we lose 6 years worth of posts and memories, especially if the admins decide to close down the forum when the majority of the userbase ups and leaves.

I don't feel like it's going to be a mass exodus. I feel like both sites can run parallel to each other

There are always going to be members that still stick around MB and use the new site both at the same time.

That is going to be one way for the old returning members of MB to find out about the new site.

I know for a fact that I will be one of those types using both forums and I don't see why that can't be done.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote