Music Banter - View Single Post - Aural Fixation- Gavin B.'s Music Blog
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 03:26 AM   #286 (permalink)
Gavin B.
Model Worker

Two Excellent Live Performances

Warpaint in Santa Monica

The first video is a performance of the Los Angeles based Warpaint. Warpaint was originally formed by notable screen actress Shannon Sossman & her sister Jenny Lee Lindberg. Sossamon left due to conflicts with her acting schedule and was replaced by Stella Mozgawa. At the core of Warpaint's intriguing neo-psychedelic sound are the pair of singers & guitarists Emily Kokal and Theresa Wayman. This live studio performance of "Undertow" was filmed on March 2, 2011 at the KCRW radio studios in Santa Monica for the excellent "Morning Becomes Electric" show.

Warpaint's debut album "The Fool" was on my year end list of best albums of 2011.

================================================== ========

Blonde Redhead In Brooklyn

The second performance is performance of the NYC based Blonde Redhead at a outdoor appearance at a Brooklyn Park a couple of years ago. Blonde Redhead's singer Kazu Makino is my favorite rock music performer and has long been my own personal muse. I have a 10 minute videotaped interview I did with Kazu last year which I can post on this blog if MB members are interested in seeing it.