Music Banter - View Single Post - Songs You Hate
Thread: Songs You Hate
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 07:06 AM   #27 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
You're probably right - maybe sometimes the reasons for disliking a song cannot be easily put into words.

People's reactions to songs may sometimes be similar to how people react to the smell of Liederkranz cheese Liederkranz cheese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. I smelled Liederkranz cheese yesterday for the first time. Phewww! It stinks like manure! Yet some people actually like it. Hard to fathom, but true. And they like to eat it with raw onions and beer, neither of which I like either. Why don't I like Liederkranz cheese, onions, and beer? Because I don't like how they taste. Why? Because I don't like how they taste!
I'm curious to try this cheese now and see my reaction to it. I don't mind raw onions but beer tastes like piss water imo. I get no satisfaction from drinking beer only a stupid bloated stomach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Well, as you know I'm a lyrics person, except I do like the "Da da da" song by Trio (below). And I haven't heard the Black Eyed Peas' older songs and few of their newer ones, so I wasn't really being accurate when I said I don't like their music. I should say that I don't like their songs that I've *heard*. They are my Liederkranz cheese! But if you have some of their older songs you'd recommend, I'd listen and see if the manure smell fades.

A song I LIKE:

Trio - "Da da da"
-- where simple lyrics work for me!

haha that song reminds me of one from Spoon but I can't even find it right now to show you.

This is one of my favorite BEP tracks and it's on their second LP. If you listen to the lyrics they basically describe what they have turned into. The things they hate about artists is what they have become. It is like a self-fulfilling prophecy or something.

I wanted to add another one

I love this song, it gets me pumped up sometimes.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.

Last edited by djchameleon; 03-20-2011 at 07:24 AM.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote