Music Banter - View Single Post - Songs You Hate
Thread: Songs You Hate
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 07:06 AM   #28 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
you should come try our Durian fruit... Westerners say the experience is like eating walnut in a toilet (a toilet where someone has just done their business and not yet flushed)
If or when I am in Malaysia, Il Duce, I will try this 'Durian fruit' in your honor. If I can listen to a Black Eyed Peas song that I don't like, *surely* I could survive eating a harmless fruit, no matter how much fragrance o' toilet it has!

Dj, I'm listening to the song you posted above...full report below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
This is one of my favorite BEP tracks and it's on their second LP. If you listen to the lyrics they basically describe what they have turned into. The things they hate about artists is what they have become. It is like a self-fulfilling prophecy or something.

Yes, that track isn't bad at all, the lyrics are interesting, and I like the video very much. It *is* ironic that the song is "Get Original" and now a main complaint about their music is that it isn't! I can almost hear humanity screaming at the Black Eyed Peas their very own words when they sing:

"If you ate pebbles, your **** wouldn't rock.
You one of them balloons made to go pop.
You need to stop now, get original!"

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 03-20-2011 at 07:24 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote