Music Banter - View Single Post - There's More to Life Than Music You Know. But Not Much More.
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 08:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
Gavin B.
Model Worker

Talk about syncronicity... I had just posted this (below) Sonos cover of Björk's song, Jóga on my YouTube channel & then surfed over to Music Banter and the first music diary I selected contained your newly posted review of Homogenic. While Sonos is no match for Björk's original recording, I think Sonos adds their own unique perspective to the original with the 6 person acappella interpretation without any musical instruments.

Thanks for the review of Homogenic which along with Debut, Post and Vespertine are as brilliant a quartet of albums as any pop music artist of the '90s eras.

Björk was one of a handful of visionary artists & groups that brought electronica to the musical mainstream in the early '90s. After seeing Björk & Saint Etienne at the 1994 Glastonbury festival & then traveling to London to see Massive Attack & Portishead perform live in separate concerts, I became a true believer in the emerging European electronica movement. I think a lot of the current indie artists are just now catching up with some of the bold ideas of the early '90s, second generation of electronic music artists.