Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 08:07 PM   #15171 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
I dunno. I won't deny doing something extra for a girl now and then hoping to score at some point (and I mean scoring as in friends with benefits or a relationship, whatever). I'm pretty male when it comes to that. But the typical male/female negativity amongst sexes is indeed not my style. I like my friends, both male and female. Why should I join in on talking negatively about women? My experience is just different

Anything except the giggling and the gossiping, yeah. I have had sleepovers with girls without trying anything. Even after I told them I'd **** them if I could.
I can honestly say I have no female friend I wouldn't have sex with, given the opportunity. But I can be friends with girls .
It's just a choice. I should say that patience often really works. You still are 'boy and girl', there will be a spark at some time. I'm not sure why, but it just happens. There is always a point in time in which you say 'hey... I might like you a bit more than I thought before'. And I don't mind being friend until that happens. I don't mind being friends if it never happens either.

Haha, no wait, you may be missing something here.
I am really careful with what I say here because I know that, because of the language barrier, things can come over all freaky. I don't want that.
But I make very clear to the girls I know in person how much I like them and I must say it does pay off. I may not be the 'slutty' type, but I do get my chances . I don't take them all, though. That's something different. Eitherway, I do sex talk, girls know I hit on them and sometimes (rather often, actually) it's mutual. I don't really see how or why.
I somehow manage to stay on that thin line between friends zone and friends with benefits or a relationship. I'm not sure how I do that. But I'm sure as hell not going to change it.

I do choose friendship over sex, yes. But sometimes the two combine neatly
I understand that there is a benefit to tact. What I'm trying to say is, from what I've seen, you don't seem to possess that "male quality" that, from my experience and observation, makes up a large portion of the fundamental attraction for most women, even when they openly rebuke it. Obviously, I'm making a lot of assumptions, but basically, what I'm saying, is that you seem to come off as the poster-child for a nice guy finishing last. And I think that saying is there for a reason, no matter how unjust it may be.
But, by all means, be you.
I'm just making an observation. I think, for the most part, guys like this already know it, and actually do feel somewhat inadequate in the "alpha confidence" department (for lack of a better term), but are able to rationalize it into something more positive because they see their friendships as substitute accomplishments and conquests, and have relegated themselves to sublimating their actual desires into settling for the next best thing, simply because it's more natural to them. At this point, limited choices become "decisions", when the true reality of the matter may be far, far different.

Sorry, the topic just got my analytical brain going. I don't mean to assume to dissect and pigeonhole you. You're just the best specimen available.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote