Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 08:38 PM   #15174 (permalink)
s_k
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
The point I was making wasn't "are you getting bites on the fishing pole?" But the fact that you defaulted to that speaks volumes.
Haha, not defaulted. I just thought that whas where you were trying to go

Quote:
Also, it sounds like you're pretty much leaving your plans open for your ex. She must have been pretty important to you, yea?
She still is. But I'm not leaving anything open for her. If I would I wouldn't be keeping my eyes open for opportunities with other girls. No really, there's plenty of reasons for us to get back together. We've been together for a reason and that reason is still there. We also split up for a reason but these reasons seem to fade now we have taken some distance from eachother and found time to think and talk things over.

Quote:
Is that why you talk about her constantly, and inform us that she is, indeed, your ex? Why don't you refer to her primary role, as a friend? The way you talk about her reminds me of the way a high schooler boasts about the first time he got a hand job. Again, I'm not trying to pass judgment, I'm just making observations.
Nice metaphor .
She's just important to me. And I could call her by her name (Fleur) but that wouldn't make things much clearer now would it? I could call her 'a friend of mine', but that doesn't say enough. I could call her 'my best friend', which she is, but then I have to explain she's female. I could call her my best female friend, but she's not just my best female friend, she's my best friend.
So... Any ideas?

Quote:
Overall, it's just little things like that, that speak more than things said in defense. I think it's fun to try and sort out the disparities, but if I'm making you uncomfortable at any point, let me know and I'll stop straight away.
No you don't, but thanks for saying that. I will open my mouth when I feel bad about it.
I know exactly what you mean man and I can't really explain why you're wrong. It would be very handy if there was someone here who knows me well in real life to help me explain the way I work.
You're going to have to take my word for it when I say: Don't compare me to what you know already, because I am not comparable to anything or anyone. Sometimes it seems I defy any rule there is when it comes to social stuff. Which is sort of explainable. I am in the end autistic and I do work a bit different in a lot of cases. The differences are often subtle like this one. I seem to be like 'some of those guys', but then I am not. But I cannot explain that to you. Just wait till you get a picture of me and my very nice new girlfriend, whenever that happens

There's one thing I should probably add: I hear every time people meet me that I'm really different, nicer actually, less strange, in real life.
So... I'm not sure where that comes from, but I guess it's a good thing. I don't disappoint.