Music Banter - View Single Post - Bullied Kid Got Suspended for Fighting Back
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 04:05 AM   #111 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
I don't know if you'll find many kids who agree that it's good not to fit in (And the ones who subscribe to the anti-crowd, are still "fitting in"). I think it's mostly a natural inclination to want to identify with a group of other people and be social with them. As far as I'm aware, kids who feel left out and misunderstood are usually not the happiest of the bunch. While most of us can agree that as we get older, we don't really think the same as we did when we were in school, and know that, superficially, it isn't as important, but to a kid in school, it's often a different story. And I think it can dictate the way people view certain things later on.
Socializing is a huge part of who we are as humans. I think it's wise to assume that there are many things that tie into that aspect of ourselves, whether we realize it or not.
You are so profound. Your posts are always worth reading because of this.

As much as we want to deny we want to get along with others and share our interests with, it's what makes us happy, studies have proven that as a fact. Being purposely alone and anti-social does nothing for your self esteem.