Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 07:31 PM   #8003 (permalink)
crukster
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
Well then thats their problem.
Sure it is, but what I was getting at and what I believe Dirty is agreeing with, is the fact that that's where the negative stereotype comes from. While it might be ignorant to assume all feminists are like that, it's not unjustified to think that the most vocal and televised ones are.

They get the most media coverage, because they're the most extreme, and the most extreme = reactions, which = ratings for the television companies.

Not everyone is gonna be well versed on "Anne Hymen's musings of a an Amazonian housewife" or whatever over feminist books that are in print I dunno I made that up, the point is to the average joe, skinhead, doc martins and the ability to bench press more than your dad in his army days is what constitutes a feminist, thesedays. So it gets thrown around as an insult sometimes, sure.

Doesn't really matter, words are only words. Matters that people do what they do, if there really are women sorting out inequalities, then yeah more power to them, doesnt matter what average joe thinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty
crukster is right. The reason people are turned off by "feminism" is because they do think of the extremists. The ones who make mountains out of mole hills and view differences between sexes and some sort of atrocious inequality.
Definitly man, we've got this schizophrenic society going on. People talk about celebrating differences but at the same time equality is meaning conformity more and more thesedays. I get the genuine feeling some people would be happy living in a world of asexual humans that are all the same size, shape and colour and reproduce by ****ing themselves.

Equal doesn't mean same, men and women are different, as they always should be imo Equality, that's something different, everyone should have the same opportunities in life - education, healthcare, careers etc. Doesn't mean we'll all be the same.

OH BOOO NOES THERE'S A SLIGHT DIFFERENCE!!! SOME PEOPLE MIGHT HAVE TO THINK FOR THEMSELVES!!!

Extreme Feminism is just penis envy anyway if you ask me.

And that's dumb, pussys are as important as wangs. If we ahd a world full of keys and no locks, what would be the point in having keys? If we had a world full of locks and no keys, how the hell would we open the locks?

Last edited by crukster; 03-24-2011 at 07:42 PM.
crukster is offline   Reply With Quote