Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 09:08 PM   #8005 (permalink)
crukster
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plum
They want to defund Planned Parenthood, women have been jailed for THINKING about abortion, and someone even wants miscarriages investigated for possible murder. Yet birth control for horses is a possibility. Why should women not be extremists in this case?
That's within context of agendas though. What I'm talking about is the agendaless "fashion statement" of being a feminist, again I'm not saying that's what feminism is, I'm saying a minority of people use it for that - same as atheism, same as the highschool "revolutionary communists" and so on. People like that arguably actually harm the causes at hand, and you could call them sellouts, they throw it around as just another label without understanding the idea, use it to "define themselves" without actually doing anything

It's so easy for people to say "I support this" "I support that" "I'm part of such and such group" etc., but it doesn't really mean anything unless they're doing something.

At the end of the day, women's rights are more important in and of themself than "being" a feminist, right? It's only a word, a label. Some people assign too much importance to the word, and it's because of that that there's a general negative view, it's like attention seeking "DEFINE ME DEFINE ME!!" which is also why people are then gonna sneer and make fun of that attention seeking minorty.

But to clarify, I am not saying feminism is just attention seeking. I am saying a lot of feminists are attention seekers, though. But I agree with you that there are legitimate issues to do with women's rights, and I respect a lot of what you said.

And with the penis envy, again I was talking about the minority of extremists. "OH WOW WE'RE SO EQUAL I'M JUST LIKE A MAN!!!" which is not feminism, is it, I get the feeling you'd agree. Again that's arguably harming the actual cause, and perpertrating the negative stereotype of all feminists being ****s who hates men. I don't think they all are, just saying thats why some people use the term as an insult. That minority put themselves out there for the insults by comparing women to men; trying to measure up. Snot equality.

Last edited by crukster; 03-24-2011 at 09:15 PM.
crukster is offline   Reply With Quote