Music Banter - View Single Post - Religious people: what is your level of observance?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 01:34 PM   #97 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crukster View Post
In my experience a lot of atheists tend to be pretty evasive about that. The ones I've talked to online (which maybe don't represent the core of atheism and are probably just angry 12 year olds) tend to go by the rule of, while they're telling you how bad religion is, atheism is not a religion or group of any sort, it's just the name "given to them" like infidel or heathen.

But outside of the discussion/in another discussion, those same people argue atheism deserves as much respect as any religion because the choice of "non-belief" (in what tends to be specifically the Abrahamic Faiths) is in itself, apparently a belief and a group. It's hypocrisy.

I think it's stupid. If you truly don't believe in any religion, then there is no relevant word or group you're a part of, religiously speaking. Where you'd write "place your religion here" you'd leave a blank space surely.

That's why generally speaking I don't like atheism, don't respect it. If someone choose not to believe in a religion, or for that matter ANY religion, or God at all, then fine I respect that that's their choice.

But not atheism - atheism to me, equals anti-belief, and nothing in it's own right. I think atheism is arguably the way of the anti-christ, the false messiah, the serpent.

It's completely different from not-believing. People have crisis of faith, people choose not to believe, thats up to them, its not anti- anything it's just the way they go.

But to devote yourself to being ANTI- anything, well then, you cant go and ask for respect from those people. And thats what atheism is imo - anti-religion.
Yeah, I was talking to a friend of mines last night and she said they are technically considered a religion.

I understand why she says they are technically a religion because the definition of religion states a group of people that share the same ideas/ideology. Which is true, they all believe in the non-existence of deities but it just seems like such an oxymoron to have an Atheist Church.

She said there are Atheist churches that exist. I'm like wtf. What do they even talk about there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. PM if you don't think posting them in here is a good idea. Or you don't have to tell me anything, I was just curious. My dad was raised in the Roman Catholic Church, and has always said he didn't hesitate to push it out of his life, and he did so when he married my mother. I get the feeling that people today are leaving Catholicism in droves and I have some theories on why that may be, but I love to hear what other people have to say about this.
I have no problems discussing it here. There is a verse in the bible saying not to worship false idols and something about rituals. Everything that Catholics do is ritualistic if you have ever gone to one of those services. They do that ashe thing where the alter boy goes around. I forget what it is supposed to represent but it's still a ritual. Communion is a ritual but a lot of other denominations also practice this ritual. There are numerous others but I can't go into detail about them because I've never been to one of their services. I just know this information from what I have seen in movies/heard second hand from actual Catholics. The hypocrisy of that alone makes me dislike Catholics.

I also don't like how they persecuted the Illuminati. I have to research this one more but my knowledge of this is strictly from what I have seen of Da Divinci Code and the slight research I did after seeing it. I need to learn more about it though.

I think the reason that others have for not liking Catholics has to do with them ignoring the few bad seeds that are making Catholicism look bad as a whole. The Fathers that have been caught molesting young children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
No, we don't. Why would we?
What is the purpose of your churches then? I'm curious
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote