Music Banter - View Single Post - Religious people: what is your level of observance?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 02:10 PM   #107 (permalink)
GeddyBass2112
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schranz bass View Post
So?
That is not hostile.
And I didn't say '...that anyone who is religious is also stupid,' I said religious dogmatism is stupid
No, you said this:

''So, am I to understand from this that you don't have your own ideology? or morals? or purpose? and that Judaism provides the nonsensical, reward-punishment way of life for you to follow so that you can think less?''

You directly say that following Judaism is about 'thinking less', and that it's 'nonsensical'.

Come on, I'm not trying to be some evangelical nutcase here. I'm merely stating my case as I see it. No-one is forcing you to believe in anything and I'm being respectful of YOUR beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_phantom13 View Post
You really don't understand how you seem hostile in this thread? In the last 3 pages or so you've insulted nearly every one's religious choice for absolutely no reason, giving completely ridiculous reasons for doing so and dodging serious questions. What do you base anything that you think on? Past experiences? Yep. Where did you learn those morals? School and family. You might not want to accept it, but your morals came from somewhere too. There is no reason to insult people who choose to live by a code because it's what they believe.

Also, you said that Geddy can't think for himself and implied that the entire Turkish race is stupid. Just sayin.
Seems to me that Schranz Bass is either a) trolling us all or b) is simply question dodging to avoid answering difficult questions.
GeddyBass2112 is offline   Reply With Quote