Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 10:54 PM   #947 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

I don't know, last I heard Goodell was doing that $1 thing, maybe the owners are too but I've read that the owners and broadcasters are still gonna get paid regardless if there is a season. NFL owners want change more than the players, and they basically cited the fact that they were unhappy, and the players were happy with the current deal as reasoning for a new deal. I'm always gonna side with the players because of how much hell their bodies endure and how hard they work.

I found this thread to ask what you fellow football fans think of the QB prospects this year. I actually really like Cam Newton. I know he definitely lied about two separate scandals at Auburn and Florida (the money issue and stealing a laptop) but as a football player I like him. I think he is Vince Young but better. It's a pretty weak QB class but I like Gabbard from Misouri as well but not as much. I see him being a mediocre career starter but I could see Cam Newton being an above average starter eventually but not good enough to be a pro bowler. Jake Locker though. Everyone wa so big on him, and he's a total moron for not going through the draft last year. He cost himself ten of millions of dollars and I honestly don't know why everyone is in love with the guy. He's gonna completely suck in my opinion, I haven't seen much from him for me to believe he is gonna be any good.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote